- Bring together a small group of experts to look at agricultural drought issues;
- Develop the method of monitoring agricultural drought globally;
- Support the GEOGLAM Flagship with timely agricultural drought information;
- Understand the process and impact of agricultural drought development in the background of global change and provide the adaptation advices.
Activities for the period
- Set up a community of practice to network the experts;
- Study on the best practice of agricultural monitoring;
- Promote BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) fund and national fund to support agricultural drought monitoring proposals;
- Regional showcases on agricultural drought monitoring, possible in Asia and North America.
- List and network the main players of agricultural drought monitoring in the world;
- Synthesis report from ongoing drought monitoring programs;
- Promote regional activities on agricultural drought monitoring;
- Compare and summarize the methods of monitoring agricultural drought;
- Work towards a global agricultural drought monitoring system.
- UNESCAP Drought mechanism in Asia;
- BRICS fund;
- National research fund.
Members: China, USA.
Participating Organizations: UNESCAP.
Linkages across Work Programme
Leadership & Contributors (this list is being populated)
Jai Singh Parihar